The best collection of the most implausible, ridiculous, gaudy, or just plain silly original Star Trek characters! :D
Anonymous asked: in response to your post about not writing oc/canon pairings: people are allowed to write whatever they want and pair whoever they like with each other. that's why it's called *fanfiction*. maybe you don't like certain pairings and perhaps it is your opinion that oc's should not be paired with canon characters, and you are entitled to your opinions, but please don't enforce it onto others. if people want to pair their character with a canon character, there's nothing wrong with doing so.
Woooooowwwww, someone sounds a little defensive. :)
I’m not forcing my opinions on anyone. I agree that people can write whatever they want, but it’s just not a good thing in general to alter established canon, especially when you’re changing the lives of canon characters just so you can shove in your own OC. I’ve seen some cases in which it’s been done well, but these are very rare and I still don’t recommend it.
Sorry about the inactivity lately, folks. The fandom seems to have quieted down, and people just aren’t making any new OCs for us to find.
Just a reminder that if you have a Sue to share, let us know!
Anonymous asked: Is it bad to create a new species for an oc?
As long as you make them fit within the established universe and don’t make them too “special” or overpowered, then it’s totally fine! :)
Anonymous asked: I've heard that 7 of 9 is Mary Sue but I don't understand why. Is it because of her assimilation into the Borg?
In my opinion, I don’t think she is a Mary Sue. It is true that she was added to Voyager mainly as sexy fanservice, and her assimilation by the Borg and subsequent liberation is out of the ordinary, but she has an excellent and believable character development arc.
Anonymous asked: Do you think that having a Betazoid in Starfleet as Navigation aboard a ship would be impossible/sueish?
I’m not sure what you mean, friend. Memory Alpha lists several Betazoids who are members of Starfleet in varying capacities. It is certainly not outside the realm of possibility for one to be a navigator.
I put together this masterlist to help any potential members write their bios and create their characters. I’ll add to this as I find more resources. NOTE: I tagged this in to the RPH and RPCW tags because I thought it would be helpful for other roleplayers as well. However, if any of you RPCHAW don’t think I should be using those tags, you can message me and I’ll untag it.
Bio writing help
- Guide to: Writing the Perfect Bio by struckby-therphelper
- How to: Making a Great Bio by soatyourservice
- How to: Show a Character’s Personality in 3 Paragraphs by curlyfriesrpc
- How to: Write a Biography (and Make It Interesting) by rpcgron
- How to Write a Kick-Ass Biography by poshhelpers
- How to Write an OC by fat-amy-rph
- How to Write Bios by adam-and-ian-help
- In-Depth Characters by keir-reviews
- Matt’s Tips → Aspects You Might Be Ignoring When Creating Your Characters by wehelprps
Character trait masterlists
- 123 Ideas for Character Flaws by amandaonwriting
- 500+ Character Traits by thewritingcafe
- 500 Personality Traits by edwardkenwayrps
- Alice’s Masterlist of Character Traits by niallrph
- Character Flaws List at darkworldrpg.com
- Heroic Traits and Their Faults by clevergirlhelps
- List of Character Traits at fiction-writers-mentor.com
- Lizarps Masterlist of Traits by lizarps
- Negative Personality Adjective List at englishclub.com
- Positive Personality Adjective List at englishclub.com
- Villainous Traits and Their Virtues by clevergirlhelps
Secrets, quirks, and little things to make your character unique
- 100 Character Quirks by hermajestyhelps
- Character Bio Twists by dominicwrites
- Giant List of Quirks by rphelper
- Kazza’s List of Character “Plots” and Secrets by kgillsrpc
- List of 300 Possible Secrets to Give Your Characters at crissverahelps
- List of Phobias by hermajestyhelps
- Secret Masterlist by thatfrenchhelper
- Masterlist of Fears by deadlyanathema-helps
Inspiration for your characters
- Archetypes by thetrolliestcritic
- Archetype Series by okayophelia
- Character Ideas by cinematicroleplayer
- Lyrics to Inspire Characters by rphelper
- Mixes by dovekeepers
- Mixes by haffalump
- The 12 Common Archetypes at soulcraft.co
Name generators and master lists
- 11,692 Surnames by ghostnonny
- Baby Name Lists at nameberry.com
- East Asian Surnames by rptheme-helper
- List of Female First Names by troyeofrp
- List of Male Names by neensofrp
- Most Common Surnames at names.mongabay.com
- Name Themes at behindthename.com
- Random Name Generator at random-name-generator.info
- The Most Popular Names at behindthename.com
- The Ultimate Random Name Generator at atlantagamer.org
All about faceclaims
- A Cinematic Masterlist: PoC Faceclaims by cinematicroleplayer
- A Master List of People of Color Face Claims by thetrolliestcritic
- Choosing The Right FC by the-hardyest-critic
- Face Claim Masterlists by fchelpers
- Favorite Faceclaims by grantairewrites
- Favorite Faces by diagonhelps
- FC Directory by rphelper
- FC Replacements by fchelpers
- Mockingbird’s Favorite Faces by mockingbirdresource
- Underused FC’s by criticalroleplayer
Good, helpful stuff!!!
Anonymous asked: Would Jake Sisko be considered a Gary-Stu?
No, because Jake Sisko isn’t “super special.” He’s just a regular guy who just does his own thing, which isn’t necessarily what’s expected of him, but he grows as a character as a result. (Trying not to be spoilery for anyone who hasn’t watched DS9!)
Anonymous asked: I don't know it's post number but I can give you the date it was posted on. Jan 9, 2013.
Okay, the post has been removed. In the future, please look at the URL of the post to get the post number so I can easily find it to remove it.
Also, I don’t believe you about being much younger when you made that OC, since there are MLP sketches on the same page. ;)
Anonymous asked: Pardon me of the Federation(Such an embarrassment. I was like 11 or 12 when I made him?) OC. I removed any trace of him. So I would prefer that you kindly delete the post. Thank you.
I’m sorry, Anon, I don’t know which post you’re referring to. If you send another ask with the post number (for example: post/427356/), I can easily delete it for you. :)